- To develop a framework and a model to decommission an abandoned dam impeding fish passage in the Inner Bay of Fundy in order to assist in the recovery of the Atlantic Salmon, using similar models developed in Canada and the United States.
- To develop consensus and community support around an environmentally, socially and economically acceptable plan to decommission the abandoned Humphreys Brook dam.
- To draft the actual plans to decommission the Humphreys Brook abandoned dam, including an assessment of the feasibility of introducing or reseeding this tributary with Atlantic Salmon, should this be the recommendation of the IBoF Salmon Recovery Team.
Species at Risk
- Inner Bay of Fundy Atlantic Salmon
- Other indigenous fish species from the Petitcodiac River system extirpated or in serious decline that support the overall ecosystem food chain
This Dam has been removed. Read about it here in our Success Stories.