Job Description – Event Coordinator (Summer Student)
Sentinelles Petitcodiac Riverkeeper (SPR) is a not-for-profit organization. Our main objective is to restore the ecological health of the Petitcodiac and Memramcook River watersheds, including the Shepody Bay Estuary, located in southeastern New Brunswick. We play the role of
investigator, scientist, educator, and advocate. We protect and defend our rivers by educating the public, organizing community events, gathering input through public dialogues, responding to citizen pollution complaints, and using existing laws to bring polluters to justice. We act as a
public voice for our waterways, protecting our right to clean water and healthy watersheds.
- The Event Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and community
stakeholders to develop and implement a plan for the Petitcodiac River Celebrations.
- The Event Coordinator will be responsible for communicating with community
stakeholders including community groups, non-profits, local government, businesses, and other
stakeholders as identified by the Executive Director.
- The Event Coordinator will help communicate the importance of the new bridge on the Petitcodiac River (and removal of the causeway) to community stakeholders and highlight the value of having community stakeholders also host their own celebration events.
- The Event Coordinator will communicate to the Executive Director the types of celebration events community stakeholders are planning.
- The Event Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Executive Director to implement a celebration event on behalf of SPR. This event will involve coordinating speakers and creating
educational materials to share with the public.
- The Event Coordinator will help develop marketing materials under the supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Communications, as well as promote the event on social
- The Event Coordinator will be responsible for tracking participation metrics for the events to share with the Board of Directors, funders, and the public. (i.e., number of community events, number of participants).
- The Event Coordinator will be responsible for post-event wrap-up, including communicating successes to stakeholders and community partners, posting event photos and summaries on social media, creating and sharing event surveys, and organizing survey results to review with
the Executive Director.
- Due to COVID-19, SPR’s events may take place entirely online or with restrictions. The Executive Director will be responsible for ensuring the event follows Public Health guidelines and protocols, and the Event Coordinator will be responsible for following the COVID-19
adaptation plan. under supervision of the Executive Director.
Skills And experience:
Experience in event planning
- Customer Service
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with team members
- Digital skills to help produce online content
- This job is made possible through Canada Summer Jobs. Applicants must be eligible for Canada Summer Jobs funding which includes being between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment, being a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred, and having a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment.
Wage: $17/hr for 8 weeks at 35 hours per week. Possibility of extension.
Resume and Cover Letter can be emailed to Krysta Cowling at email@example.com , applications will be reviewed until position is filled.